General terms and conditions of Prague.bio Conference 2023
SCOPE, DEFINITIONS, REGISTRATION FOR THE EVENT
1. The contract in between the Organizer and the participant is construed in accordance with Act No. 89/2012 Coll., the Civil Code (hereinafter referred to as the “Civil Code“) and these General terms and conditions (“GTC”). Mutual rights and obligations of contractual parties arising out of or in connection with a contract regarding provision of conference services (hereinafter referred to as the “Contract“) concluded between the Provider and third person (the “Participant “) via the website www.pragie.bio. The payment terminal is operated by the Congress Business Travel s.r.o., at the website https://secure2.cbttravel.cz/praguebio2023/registration-online.php or https://secure2.cbttravel.cz/praguebio2023/abstract.php.
2. The contract established according to your registration is governed solely by GTC. Any conflicting terms and conditions are not accepted and hereby excluded.
3. Participants may be „Visitors“ or „Projects“. Some provisions of these GTC only apply to Visitors, others only to Projects.
„Visitor“ shall mean any natural person registering as a visitor of the Prague.bio Conference regardless of his/her status of student, investor or affiliation with any of the sponsors, participants, speakers or organizers.
„Project“ shall mean a scientific startup or project, regardless of its legal personality, status or country of origin. Project hereby agrees to provide true, accurate and complete information on the legal status of the Project, its members and the content of its presentation.
4. The registration for participation in the Prague.bio Conference 2023 is made via the data form on the Prague.bio website (www.prague.bio). By confirming your registration you make a binding application to the conference organizer, i&i Prague, registered office Flemingovo náměstí 542/2, Dejvice, 160 00 Praha 6, ID.No: 06058485 (hereinafter referred to as “Organizer”), to attend Prague.bio Conference 2023 on September 26, 2023 in Prague at the Liechtenstein Palace. The Organizer will confirm acceptance of your application by email to the email address you provided. The Organizer will assume that you are allowed to use this email address for registering at Prague.bio Conference 2023. If you have not received your confirmation email within 72 hours, please contact the Organizer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. The registration fee applies per Visitor and includes VAT.
6. The registration fee can be paid via credit card (Visa, EuroCard/MasterCard, American Express, Diners) or bank transfer. By submitting your credit card or bank account details (‘Payment Data’), you confirm, and Organizer will assume, that you are authorized to use your Payment Data to pay the registration fee, in particular if payment is made with a company credit card or via a company bank account. Even if you register as a company employee and/or payment is made with a company credit card or via a company bank account, you remain personally liable to the Organizer for payment of the registration fee.
7. Congress Business Travel s.r.o., registered office Lidická 43/66, 150 00 Prague 5, Czech Republic, VAT number: CZ26424053, shall, on behalf of the Organizer, manage credit card payments and organize the necessary bank transfers with respective credit card companies and the banks (hereinafter referred to as ‘Institutions’). By submitting your Payment Data, you agree to data storage and to data processing by the Institutions for the purpose of processing your registration fee payment. Your Payment Data will only be transmitted the Organizer in the event that your credit card company or your bank refuses payment of the registration fee or there is a revocation of payment under applicable law or under your credit card or banking terms. If you have questions regarding the protection and/or handling of your Payment Data, please contact the Organizer at email@example.com. All payments made to Congress Business Travel s.r.o. shall be deemed to be paid to the Organizer as payment of the registration fee.
8. Cancellations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and received by the Organizer by 28 July 2023 (including) at the latest in order to receive 80 % refund of the registration fee.
9. Refunds will be paid out after Prague.bio Conference 2023 (September 26, 2023).
10. No refunds can be made for cancellations received after 28 July 2023.
11. However, you may transfer your registration to a colleague from your organization by giving at least one week’s prior notice by email to email@example.com. No-shows will still be billed for the full registration fee.
12. The presentations will be held by carefully selected and qualified speakers. However, Organizer do not guarantee the accuracy, currency or completeness of the information presented by the speakers.
13. Organizer’s liability with respect to its duties and obligations under the contract established by your registration is, to the extent legally possible, limited to gross negligence or intent. The same applies for the Organizer’s liability for acts and omissions of its officers, employees, agents and contractors.
14. Program changes, in particular changes in the schedule, do not entitle you to revoke the contract.
15. In the event that Prague.bio Conference 2023 is cancelled for whatever reason, there shall be no claim against the Organizer, irrespective of its legal basis (contractual or quasi-contractual or pre-contractual, applicable law or equity), except for a full refund of the registration fee. All claims for damages or lost expenses shall be excluded. No limitation of the Organizer’s liability shall apply in cases of bodily injury or damage to health, unless the respective act or omission is caused by an agent or contractor of the Organizer, and this agent or contractor has been carefully selected and supervised by the Organizer. Furthermore, the Organizer shall not be liable for any damages of any kind arising out of or relating to the use of or the inability to use the Prague.bio Conference 2023 Virtual Platform and its content or links, including but not limited to damages caused by or related to errors, omissions, interruptions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, computer viruses or line failures. i&i Prague has no liability or responsibility for damages arising out of the performance or failure to perform of the Prague.bio Conference 2023 Virtual Platform, or for any acts, omissions or conduct of any user or other third party.
16. The documents handed over to you by us or the speakers during the conference are protected by copyright. Intellectual property rights, copyright and other protective notices may neither be removed nor violated in any other way.
17. You are not allowed to use, publish or distribute content for any other purposes, unless you have been specifically permitted to do so under a separate agreement with Organizer or the respective holder of the rights.
18. Violations of the provisions mentioned in 6.1 and 6.2 constitute a breach of law which can be subject to both civil and criminal prosecution.
19. Organizer refer you to data protection regulations, available on the Prague.bio website.
20. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable, all other provisions will continue in full force and effect, and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed to be replaced by a valid and enforceable provision which conforms as closely as possible to the original commercial intent of the invalid or unenforceable provision. The terms and conditions may not be amended or modified, except in writing signed by both parties.
21. The contract established according to your registration is governed exclusively by Czech law excluding any conflict of laws principles that would result in the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising under, out of or relating to the contract established according to your registration and any subsequent amendments, including, without limitation, its formation, validity, binding effect, interpretation, performance, breach or termination, as well as non-contractual claims, shall be referred to and finally and exclusively determined by the courts of Prague, Czech Republic.